Coffee run in the office

Hi there People Geeks,

One of our perks for our team is free barista coffee from our local cafe across the road. As our teams get bigger we are looking for a coffee ordering app, slackbot, or process that will help streamline the number of group coffee orders each day. So ideally we would like 2 set times (morning and afternoon) where someone in the team collects a list of the orders and does a group coffee run. Outside of these times, anyone can go grab a coffee for themselves. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas that may work?
Thanks!
Irene

@Irene this is an interesting one. I don’t think I have a creative solution. Hoping someone else does.

I can say that while our company doesn’t offer free barista coffee, I do my best to get out for a walking/coffee meeting with someone a few times a week and find that really valuable for connecting, resetting and my own general wellbeing. I wonder if there would be value in encouraging people to take advantage of this benefit and by finding a colleague to chat with and go get a coffee instead of trying to organize mass delivery.

What if you had a slack channel where anyone looking for a coffee mate could post their intention to head over and get some coffee. This might facilitate cross business connections and innovation.

1 Like

Hi Irene,

A company I’ve seen innovating here is called Ritual.co. They’re HQ’ed in Canada with operations in many major U.S. Cities. The concept is about individuals paying and aggregated ordering+pickup. Using it with what you have set up would still require employees to expense the coffees and I believe the shop across the way would need to be partnered with Ritual. Not sure if it’s quite a fit for what you need, but it’s an interesting business!

3 Likes

Hi Irene!

I was recently made aware of an app called Joe Coffee - a coffee ordering app for local shops. Here’s their website: https://joe.coffee/ I don’t know if they’d be able to help with the streamlining since your company pays for it, but I have one of the lead rep’s info and I bet he’d know the answer! I’ll message it to you in case you’d like to look into it.

I hope that’s helpful!

1 Like

To piggy back off of Josh’s suggestion- highly recommend the donut app on Slack for this! We’ve had success with it and will also give you metrics!

1 Like