Culture First 2021 — Join us for our first-ever virtual, free event to create a better world of work — Register today →

ER related courses

Hi everyone, I am a newbie here.

I have a background in recruitment, people ops, projects, policy design, stakeholder management and I have a good understanding of the legislative side of things as well. However, I am wanting to get into a HR advisory type of role, but as I don’t have experience into ER, I am trying to get involved in such issues through my current organisation. But I guess, that is not enough!

I am on the lookout for some courses that will help me learn ER and workplace investigations better.
Any good courses that you know of??

Thanks,
Prach

Hi Prach,

Any in depth employment law course for the relevant jurisdiction will be a good starting point, but I think the very best way to develop the confidence to advise others is to combine it with hands on experience of managing a variety of ER situations and researching the topics as you go, so your approach seems the right one, it’ll just take a bit of time to build the combined practical and theoretical knowledge. And nobody can ever know it all so there will always be an element of learning as you go.

Best of luck with it

Jacqui

Thanks Jacqui for your advise. I understand that it is learning as we go, but not many businesses understand this, they always want you to know it all to begin with. Hence, I am just stuck waiting to gain some hands-on experience to balance with my theoretical knowledge.

Proudly sponsored by Culture Amp.