How do you recommend going a layer deeper and analyzing intersectionality in the data?

So excited to get started and I’m already starting to think about results. Understanding the experience by one demographic is great but how do you recommend going a layer deeper and analyzing intersectionality in the data?

Hi there @anonymous13!

I’m excited that you’re excited :slight_smile: If you’ve run the D&I Survey on the Culture Amp platform, you should analyze intersectionality in the data using the Custom Tab. Create a custom data line (using the green ‘Add Column’) button in the top right corner. From there, choose the intersectional identities you’re looking to explore.

My recommendation is to create a data line for “Straight White Men” using Gender = Man, Race/Ethnicity = White, and Sexual Orientation = Heterosexual. Chances are, this group will be large in size and the deltas will all be positive. If that’s true in your data, start exploring your data by creating data lines for marginalized, intersectional groups. Women of Color often score lowest in favorability (Gender = Woman, Race/Ethnicity = [Non-White]).

Hope that helps. Let me know if you’re not looking in the Culture Amp platform and are instead looking at a different data set. I can try to help there too.