Try our Diversity & Inclusion Starter Kit. Sign up for free today

Revolutionizing parental leave! What would you want included?

Hi People Geek Community! We’re working to change the game with leave at work and bring it into the 21st century. We have a turnkey platform that organizes, educates, and streamlines the whole process for employees, managers and HR. What would you want to see/ have included in this solution? The sky is the limit so let us know all of your ideas!

1 Like

Hi @jentilt, Welcome!

I love this initiative. I’ve been trying to take some similar actions recently. I was talking to a friend of mine who has Pregnancy Leave, which is a weeks allocation to attend medical appointments etc because pregnancy is not an illness and shouldn’t be treated as one for the use of sick leave. This isn’t necessarily something that would be a fit for us, as we have a very flexible policy around our teams hours and places of work, but I loved the idea and think it should be shared!

All the changes I have been discussing with our team, are about trying to be inclusive for both secondary carers also, not just primary carers.

Thanks for posting about this, I look forward to seeing other responses!

Thanks so much for the reply, @MelissaPezz! And more imporatntly, thank you for being a leader in inclusive workplaces for caregivers, parents, and people who just have life happen! We’re so excited to be working with companies who see that the workforce is demanding a better way to integrate work and life and leave management is often the tipping point to talent retention or attrition. We just found the article below last week and thought this community might appreciate it. Please keep in touch and let us know if we can help at all!