Try our Diversity & Inclusion Starter Kit. Sign up for free today

Sexual Harassment Training

In light of #MeToo and other movements against sexual harassment and assault, have you all considered revamping your sexual harassment training? What have you found to be the most effective? I’ve been researching various methods, but I want something engaging that shows we value safety and equality at my organization.

I think you want to find something that’s industry specific and speaks to your organization’s culture. Avoid generic off the shelf training for this.

Agree with Avi re finding something industry specific and speaks to your organisations culture.

I would also add that I feel as though one of the most important things is to go above and beyond in terms of what is required for law / compliance and make the topic a more common occurrence for discussion. It’s incredibly important to be reminding people of ways in which sexual harassment can permeate both through society and a workplace and that just because people might not be experiencing physical harassment, doesn’t mean that it doesn’t exist.

It’s all too common for victims of sexual harassment to feel as though they can’t talk about it, usually because of some kind of power dynamic or because they don’t want to be seen as being troublesome, so it’s our responsibility as leaders and employers to do everything we can on an every day basis to ensure that they feel as though they feel safe to do so.