Try our Diversity & Inclusion Starter Kit. Sign up for free today

Vacation after resignation

Wondering what other companies policies are on approving vacation days after an employee resigns?

1 Like

Hi @britt, I think it depends on the country you are in and whether they have leave available. When I left my last job, I had to give 4 weeks notice of which three were annual leave (the company had a forced closure over Christmas). When I looked into it, it was well within the law to take the leave during my notice period (i.e. not have to come back and then work the 4 weeks). Hope this helps.

1 Like

Speaking from my experience, we don’t allow people to take vacations after receiving resignation from them. As the notice period is of 30 days, we will have to speed up for task and role handover and if they stay on leave, it will get extended. So we clearly tell them that if you want to be released quickly, make sure all the handover is done on time. If they can manage, we won’t have any problem. That’s standard case, however on emergencies we do provide them leave even if it comes after receiving resignation. Hope it helps.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply Deb - this is helpful and confirms what I had thought. Thanks!

1 Like