In this article from Tech Republic, they suggest the following ideas to make our workplaces more inclusive for L.G.B.T.Q.I.A.:
- Conduct anonymous, company-wide surveys to determine whether or not LGBTQ employees feel a sense of inclusion and belonging, and crowdsource opinions on what you could be doing better
- Hold company-wide LGBTQ competency trainings
- Establish an employee resource group for LGBTQ employees and allies
- Support LGBTQ organizations: coordinate a group for your local pride march, donate to a relevant nonprofit or volunteer with a local charity
- Offer LGBTQ-inclusive benefits, such as covering gender confirmation surgery or fertility treatments for same-sex couples trying to have children
NewsCat would love to hear, what are you doing to make our workplaces more inclusive for everyone?